Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast as a Category 4 storm on Friday, August 25. Damage from the storm and subsequent flooding is widespread. It will take months, and in some areas, years, to restore Houston to its former state. As a part of our mission to make disciples, specifically through gospel-centered service, we are called to respond. We are called to provide for the physical and spiritual needs of these people in crisis by praying, giving and using our resources and influence. This is an opportunity to show the love of Christ and live out the gospel to our world.
How Can I Get Involved?
- Pray for the people who have had to evacuate their homes, especially those with nowhere to go. Pray for those unable to evacuate, who are stranded in their homes. Ask for the Lord’s provision for these people.
- Pray for the first responders, National Guard, disaster relief volunteers and all others working to rescue those who are stranded, restore power to those without it, render aid to the injured and prevent as much damage as possible. Ask for safety and endurance for these men and women.
- Pray for the grieving, those who have lost loved ones or suffered injuries, and those who have lost their homes. Ask the Lord to be their comfort and strength through the upcoming days, weeks and months.
- Donate to Calvary Chapel Houston’s Disaster Relief Effort.
- Donate to Hurricane Harvey Relief through Samaritan’s Purse.
- Use Facebook as a way to share the opportunity for others to give and get involved. Click Here to go to our Facebook page and share our posts about Hurricane Harvey Relief.
- Join our Disaster Relief GO Team as we partner with Samaritan’s Purse and lend a helping hand to the people of Texas.
- President Trump declares a National Day of Prayer – The White House
- Help Harvey Victims (video) – Samaritan’s Purse
- Vice President Pence & Rev. Franklin Graham on scene in Houston – Samaritan’s Purse
- Harvey in Photographs – The New York Times
- Photos: The Aftermath of Hurricane Harvey – The Atlantic