Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast as a Category 4 storm on Friday, August 25. Hurricane Irma hit the Florida coast as a Category 4 storm on Sunday, September 10. Damage from the storms and subsequent flooding is widespread. It will take months, and in some areas, years, to restore many communities to their former condition. As a part of our mission to make disciples, specifically through gospel-centered service, we are called to respond. We are called to provide for the physical and spiritual needs of these people in crisis by praying, giving and using our resources and influence. This is an opportunity to show the love of Christ and live out the gospel to our world.
How Can I Get Involved?
- Pray for the people who have had to evacuate their homes, especially those with nowhere to go. Pray for those unable to evacuate, who are stranded in their homes. Ask for the Lord’s provision for these people.
- Pray for the first responders, National Guard, disaster relief volunteers and all others working to rescue those who are stranded, restore power to those without it, render aid to the injured and prevent as much damage as possible. Ask for safety and endurance for these men and women.
- Pray for the grieving, those who have lost loved ones or suffered injuries, and those who have lost their homes. Ask the Lord to be their comfort and strength through the upcoming days, weeks and months.
- Use Social Media as a way to share the opportunity for others to give and get involved.
Click Here to go to our Facebook page and share our posts about Hurricane Relief.
Click Here to go to our Instagram account and share our posts about Hurricane Relief.
- Donate to Samaritan’s Purse for Irma Relief.
- Donate to Samaritan’s Purse for Harvey Relief.
- Join our Disaster Relief GO Team as we partner with Samaritan’s Purse and lend a helping hand.